UC Trust UK
The University of California Trust (UK) is a registered UK charity (charity no. 1075405). The Trust was originally founded in 1999 by California Governor Davis and UC President Atkinson as a joint initiative with the California Trade & Commerce Agency. At present the Trust is funded, in part, by the UC Office of Institutional Advancement and governed by a board of directors and trustees.
University of California Trust (UK) Mission
- Advancing the education of, and providing assistance to, University of California students in the United Kingdom, and students of universities in the United Kingdom with which the University of California has cooperative agreements;
- Maintaining and developing relations between institutions of higher education in the United Kingdom and the University of California;
- Planning and implementing joint academic programs between the University of California and institutions of higher education in the United Kingdom;
- Enhancing relations with University of California alumni and friends in the United Kingdom and;
- Supporting charitable giving to the UC from the United Kingdom in order to further the educational advancement of UC students.
Since its inception, the Trust has facilitated gifts to the University of California of over £20 million. Every year an annual report on the activities of the UK Trust is submitted to Charities House. The most recent reports can be accessed here: