How to Vote from Abroad


Have you say in the USA - even from across the pond! Mid-term elections are approaching fast this November, and Californians are reminded that they are eligible to vote from abroad. These elections will deteremine seats in the House of Representatives, the Senate, the next Governor of California, as well as various state and county measures.  

Register & Request Your Ballot

You must register and request an absentee ballot in your State of legal residence by completing the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and submitting it to your local election office. 

- View the form online and submit 
- Or download, fill out and fax or mail to your local election office 

Your FPCA must be mailed, submitted online or faxed by 22 October, 2018* (*If mailing, postmarked by this date). 

Cast Your Ballot

Once you receive your absentee ballot from your State it must be returned by mail or fax. Ballots must be received by 6 November 2018* (*If mailing, postmarked by this date and received by 9 November).  

Haven't received your ballot? Use the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB)

By Violet Del Toro.

Read up on who's running and ballot measures in California >> 

Information Source: